Acquisitions and Divestitures

Acquisitions and Divestitures can be a very difficult experience for the business owner. However if done correctly it can reap the greatest rewards. Business Owners have a difficult choice to make when growing their businesses. Sometimes the best approach is with an acquisition. However as a business owner you need outside advice to keep your emotions in check. It has been said that 80% of acquisitions and mergers fail. This is mainly due to key items are overlooked during the due diligence process. We can assist to increase your chances of being in the remaining 20% that do succeed.

Another reason acquisitions fail is the lack of follow through after the acquisition. Your newly acquired business is an an excellent opportunity for growth. However if not done properly this growth will not occur. At BDeWees Consulting we understand the importance of a smooth transition. We can assist you in the smoothest transition possible so that your business will obtain the profitable growth that was anticipated with the add on acquisition. Key aspects include integration, team building, focused leadership, and consistent back-office operations.

With a divestiture the business owner deserves to reap the rewards for all the years of sacrifices and risk. We can increase the rewards with our Value Enhancement Planning Method. It is important to start this process in advance of listing your business for sale. Sometimes as a business owner the hardest decisions to make is whether or not you should be buying a business or selling your existing business. Our consulting staff has the knowledge and experience to guide you through the process.